Gut Lovin’ Smoothie
By The Gut Lab
“The first populations to colonize our gut lay the main foundation for the future of our entire body.” Guilia Enders – Microbiologist, Scientist of Gastroenterology & Author of GUT: The Inside Story of our Body’s Most Underrated Organ.
- 1/4 C Gut Lab Bone Broth (or, homemade broth using bones from quality source)
- 1/4 C Organic Milk Kefir (or, organic plain yogurt or any nut milk for dairy free)
- 1/4 C Kombucha (or herbal tea, nut mylk, water)
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1/4 C Frozen Blueberries
- 1/2 Banana
- 1tsp Black Chia Seeds
- 2tsp Hemp Hearts
- 1/4tsp Cinnamon
- Blend. Guzzle. Soar.
OPTION ADD-INS FOR EXTRA HEALTH BENEFITS:
- Powdered Probiotics
- 1 tsp Tocotrienols (Vitamin E family / antioxidant to benefits brain, nervous system, skin + heart!
- Preferred Protein Powder (Vital Proteins or Sun Warrior Blend)
- 1/2 tsp camu camu (vitamin C!)
- Pinch of ginger root powder
Recipe lovingly provided by, The Gut Lab. Why? Because they LOVE YOUR GUTS!
Click HERE to purchase.
For Babies: This smoothie would be best from 7 or 8+ months onwards if you felt your Little could health-fully digest the listed ingredients.
General note for all, especially babies: Kombucha and Kefir are high in beneficial bacteria for our gut, however if you are new to fermented foods like this, there can be an adjustment period for our digestive system when these are introduced. Ease into these foods slowly, working your way up to the above noted dosage.